Thursday, July 9, 2009

What I do Well...


In the midst of the constant self-inflicted urgings to do better at this and improve that, it can be human nature to forget to take stock of what a person does well. We all get certain gifts, talents, abilities and interests that can be a positive addition to the world if and as we use them. I have often told people that if I could get paid just to visit and help other people make connections--that would be the perfect job for me!

I also joke that just about everything I do well, I pretty much learned in high school. My ability to create social connections and encourage and support such behaviors is one of the things I do best. My Aquarian desire for inclusiveness and equality tends to be a strong motivator as I just want everyone to get together have fun and play nicely! I have had to learn over the years how to move in the world and help and facilitate without getting overwhelmed or over-involved (boundaries!) but at this age, I am finally starting to realize that this is something I do pretty well.

I was probably meant to live in the very time I do--I LOVE things like the internet, Facebook, e-mail, Twitter, and other means of connection and networking. The larger my realm of these little connections gets, the more excited I get about all the opportunities for connection. In my most immediate world, I am seeing the positive affects of all these ways of connecting; as well as some of the positive results of nurturing and encouraging social connections. I just LOVE seeing how we expand, grow and form working relationships, coalitions, committees, friendships, partnerships and all the other ways of connecting!

I still have to watch out for becoming overly involved or getting overextended but I also realize that since this is something I do well and that I enjoy, it is probably something I am meant to share...

No comments: