Thursday, February 10, 2011

Job Juggling


I am not sure if I am getting any better at juggling jobs or not; I do know that I am trying to find some peace with the fact that this is just the way it is right now. I am in good company, I do know that--many Americans are working part-time jobs when they would rather be working one great full-time job. I tell myself I am lucky, I can do it, and there is opportunity in everything (that is the Stoic American talking, of course.)

As I continue my work as co-director of the Community Alliance of Lane County--a small, dynamic, 45-year-old human rights nonprofit, I am also learning the ins and outs (no pun intended) of marketing organic, all-natural adult lubrication products and sexual health books and products at Good Clean Love. Definitely no conflict of interest as I go from all the "isms" that I feel so passionate about changing in the realm of human rights to the heterosexual world of "love products." Meanwhile, in my freelance writing work, I have been getting more opportunities than I have been able to respond to. That's okay, I tell myself, this is abundance and abundance is good!

Alas, I also feel my age and switching gears so often throughout the day makes a gal feel a bit tired! Besides, there is life outside of work to: a garden to plant (We finally got the peas and cool-season stuff into our fabulously evolving veggie beds this past week), a wedding to plan, and a relationship to maintain. Juggle, juggle, juggle. I can do this...I must do this...

No comments: