Sunday, April 6, 2008

Back on the "Left Coast"...





It has taken a few days of re-entry--unpacking the suitcase and washing clothes, catching up with my kids, putting the house back in order. It has been a bit of a whirlwind, but I must admit, a much more manageable pace than being in Philadelphia and New York City. While there were many things I loved about the East coast, the go, go, go pace was a challenge for my West coast self. Not to mention, I missed my kids and there was plenty that went on while I was gone and plenty to do the minute my feet hit the pavement here in Eugene.

I had an amazing time with my sister--she has a quaint apartment in Brooklyn and works in Manhattan so I had to quickly learn how to maneuver the subway, taxis and dust off my walking shoes. Fortunately, I am such a fan of public transportation and I love to walk, so I enjoyed it. It was great to finally walk through Central Park, and Tricia took me to two Broadway plays ("August: Osage County" and "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"). I also got to see Trish do a reading on my first night there--it was fantastic!

Now that I am back, it has been shopping for prom dresses (Lucy) and getting caught up on all the school, GED, and college stuff. Lucy got her acceptance letter while I was gone and Lilly went and got her learner's permit and is scheduled to start taking her GED tests this coming week. And, Stuart is starting a new school this week as well. I think the song got the locale wrong and THIS is really the city the never sleeps!

No comments: