Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Heading Out Again...

Yes, believe it or not, there is another two-week trip in my not-so-distant future. This time, I am off to do a conference in Ann Arbor, Michigan (outside of Detroit) and then on to spend a few days in Indianapolis, Indiana with my dear old friend Wendy and her family. I think it has been at least a decade since I have seen Wendy and probably 12 years or so since I've been in Indiana. I'm looking forward to it!

As for leaving again, it doesn't exactly get easier but we are getting used to it. I'm starting to get a system down and getting a little more Zen with the inevitable stresses and issues that pop up. Meanwhile, Lilly has finished all her GED testing and Lucy is getting into a round of testing at South--she has a week or so of IB and AP testing for college credit and certificates and such. The girls are also planning their joint graduation party to be held in June when all the dust settles. Stuart is trying to shine it on at Churchill and just finished picking his intended classes for next year--I guess it never stops!

I think all four of us are really looking forward to and hoping for Summer. It seems to be just out of reach--the weather won't exactly cooperate and our schedules won't exactly cooperate, but it has to be out there somewhere...vacation!

No comments: