Sunday, May 18, 2008

Home from the Midwest...


It was a lovely visit with my dear soul mate Wendy and her family--three dogs, two sons, her spouse and her mother--a full house smack in the middle of the heartland! It was both strange and wonderful to be back in Indiana after what I figure to be over 12 years. So much has changed and it also seems as though nothing has changed at all!

We did a great deal of visiting, walked the dogs, and I got to serve as Sous chef as Wendy prepared some fabulous meals (she is truly a great and creative cook and manages to prepare large quantities of tasty meals with ease). She drove me to all of the old "haunts" as we found the house where my kids were toddlers and the hospital where both Lilly and Stuart were born. A highlight, of course, was our tattoos--we managed to settle on and adjust a design and as our skin heals, I know that I am quite happy with the outcome--two arching roses in a basket--orange for Wendy and yellow for me, and the whole design looks sort-of Pennsylvania Dutch. Very sweet and I will have it with me now always.

Good to be back home too, however, and I have been met with very sunny, 90-degree days. Summer at last!

No comments: