Saturday, December 20, 2008

In Search of...Exercise!

We have had a bit of weather here and the downside is that Lilly, Stuart and I have been getting a little stir crazy with the need for exercise. I've gotten so used to my daily workouts, as has Lilly and Stuart has long been used to long walks and wanders so with snow storms and icy paths--getting fresh air and movement has been a challenge! We whine and crab at each other about it and take any opportunity to get out and get something going. Adding to the frustration has been that the gym at our complex has been quite busy with the competition for the equipment.

Last night, I went out for a walk and ended up jogging circles around the almost-clear sidewalks in our complex for about a half hour but was able to have the treadmill and stairmaster to myself this morning so I am feeling a bit better.

I don't think I'm going to make my second fitness goal which was to lose 40 pounds by the end of the year--I will probably just miss it by a half dozen pounds but as long as I can keep moving, I feel alright. So, while the snow is beautiful and it has been very cozy and wintry; and I have enjoyed all the activity and visits and such--the thing I've really been craving and need to carve out more time for is exercise!

No comments: