Sunday, January 27, 2008

SNOW...




Well,we are finally having some of this snow that has been threatening for the better part of the month. I woke up this morning to a nice coating of the white stuff and the medium-sized flakes still coming down steadily. The cats are all consumed with sitting in the window sills and trying to make out what is going on. I also notice that the birds really show up as they try to scoot around in the snow.


Last night, I was out in the constant rain with my friend, the very sickly post-vacation, pre-adventure, Cheryl and we had the Italian food and went to see "The Savages"at the funky Bijou--I remarked a couple times that it would sure be a fine thing if we stepped out of a doorway and it was starting to snow (Instead I stepped out of the car ankle-deep into a puddle and got to sit through the movie with sopping socks). I suppose it had to happen eventually with the winter we're having.


A couple nights ago, Lucy and I toddled ourselves downtown for a play "Memory House" at the Lord Leebrick Theatre--the play must have been plopped down in our lives at the most perfect of times as it is about a single/divorced middle-age mom and her teenage daughter who is procrastinating for various reasons getting in her college application essays. I think I sobbed and laughed simultaneously through the entire thing. Hot mochas and pizza afterward and we didn't get home until after 11 on a school night!


Finally, Lilly and I went out for the day on Friday--still shopping for that elusive new dining room table (although I think I've finally found one I really like and that will fit and suit us) AND went to Tattoo by Design where I figured out the tattoo I am going to get on my birthday. I sure hadn't thought it would take me ten years to get back into the tattoo parlor so I am absolutely psyched about the new piece. I will go in to look at the artist's version sometime this week and schedule the application either on my 41st or somewhere thereabouts.

No comments: