Monday, January 28, 2008

More Snow...



It was a bit of a messy morning with plenty of snow all around--but so incredibly pretty. I felt blessed and fortunate to be out in the cold awakening morning with the other commuters trying to get to work. It took me an hour and a half to get to the magazine offices and I was one of only four of us who made it to work. We felt rather stoic, patting ourselves on the back for our pioneer spirits!

By the ride home, the roads were all but clear but still plenty of snow lying all about. Nice and cold when I was waiting for a bus after stopping off for groceries (those two gallons of milk I get every other day). The wonderous thing about the snow is how different it makes the nights look and seem--brighter, a different, blueish light, calm.

All is well. Kids watching Star Wars movie on cable television, cats snuggled onto quilts and pillows, the dishes are done and dinner leftovers tucked away--January is nearly over and 2008 well on its way...

1 comment:

Yaz and Rob said...

Well Hello! I just saw this blog on the bottom of your email to me and thought, "what is that word?....rena...something"... then there you were! Ok, I will check it and see how you are doing when curious!

Yasmiene