Sunday, June 15, 2008

Milestones, Accomplishments and Anxiety...


I just cannot say enough about the past couple months of change, anxiety and excitement. I have focused so much on what the girls have been going through as I report on our transitions but I realize when I look at pictures like this one that I am changing and transitioning too. I have noticed the past few weeks that things are evolving and shifting on so many levels that when I look at photos of myself, I realize that just as the girls are not the same little girls who used to help me in the vegetable garden, I am not the same person I was ten or twenty years ago either. We have influenced and changed each other.

Sure, there are the wrinkles and the grey hairs and the inevitable effects of gravity--but there are all the unseen results of motherhood to celebrate too. I would NOT be the person I am now if it wasn't for the journey I have had with all three of my kids. I can thank THEM for the never-ending challenges, rewards, and lessons. What a wonderful gift to celebrate!

No comments: