Monday, February 1, 2010

Festivities, Play and Parties...



I love birthdays and delight in milking every bit of celebration possible out of a person's "special day." By combining my life with Teri's, I have not only partnered with a fellow Aquarius, but our birthdays are only seven days apart and she is as delighted by birthday celebrations as I am. The secret that I have discovered about birthdays is the harder you share them, the better they get!

Tiger has spent the last week opening gifts and cards and reveling in being "the birthday girl." We decided to send out a joint invite to friends and family offering up a few opportunities to celebrate with us and last night there were twenty people who joined us at PRI (Pizza Research Institute) to eat fabulous food, play, and just experience some joy. When I look at the pictures, I see so many smiles and gleeful faces that it reassures me. The economy may be in the toilet and each and every one of those people may have individual woes and problems--but when we all come together to smile and laugh...magic happens.

I have been working a great deal in the past couple weeks and trying to carve out a place for work in my new life; trying to think about work in new ways and follow my heart and soul in the direction it seems to be leading me. Teri, too, has been moving forward with some major vocation changes and it is wonderful to watch her branch out, stretch her wings and try new things. Meanwhile, I am delighted to find that we both maintain our need to play--we need to get out and go dancing, giggle with friends, offer up a hug or two and just generally keep some festivities in our life to balance out the rest.

So, on to some more play and parties--music, dancing, friends, food...Yes! (Oh, and now I get to wallow in my birthday for a few days too!)

No comments: