Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Waterlogged and Wading

Rain, rain go away... We have been having so much rain lately that it is starting to take its toll on the spirits of the natives. I am seldom one to complain about the weather and as long as it keeps changing, I am normally fine. Unfortunately, other than a peek or two of the sun now and again, it has been in the 50's and raining...a lot!

I ride my bike to and from work regardless of the weather, but I've noticed that Teri and I are less likely to go out and do things if we know we are going to get cold and wet. Our activity level has dwindled a bit due to the weather and neither one of us is very happy about that. We are moody and feeling closed up and claustrophobic. Even the garden isn't providing much fun since it is just too wet and grey to get out and play around. The transplanted tomatoes, pumpkins, etc. are just sitting and waiting for a bit of warmth and sun just like the rest of us! The only happy creatures seem to be the slugs and snails who are happily munching away in the wet.

So, I am not alone in whining for summer. It would be lovely to spend some extended time soaking up the sun, feel a little warmth on my face and be able to watch some of the veggies and flowers grow in the garden. Heck, it would be nice to just take a bicycle ride without having to gear up and prepare for the showers and puddles! As Memorial Day approaches, it does not look as though we are going to see our share of the sunshine any time soon. Grumble, grumble, grumble...

No comments: