Monday, November 29, 2010

Let's Get Down to Work...


I was ready...to get back to work! After being ill, and then tackling the Thanksgiving holiday--I was actually good and ready to get back at my desk and get organized. The month of December can be a kooky one in the work world anyway--there is a paradoxical sense of panic (since the year is ending) and procrastination (since it is the holidays.) It takes some focus and organization to keep things from becoming completely unraveled!

So, I plowed through my in-basket and created a task list for the week, updated my calendar and created a brand new "Grants Prospects" whiteboard for the first part of 2011. It feels good to be focusing on the future and making concrete plans for 2011...

There are budgets to finalize and end-of-the-year tasks to tend to, but there is also a sense of working toward closure for the current year and optimistic progression for the coming one. Of course, I fully understand that the best-laid plans do NOT ensure that all will run smoothly, but it IS nice to be able to close out the books, so to speak, and start fresh. In a few weeks, I am hoping that the evolving year at work will be brighter and better than the one I am trying to wrap up!

No comments: