Monday, November 22, 2010

Waiting for Weather...




We have been promised snow...as a torturous tease, the weather gurus first said Sunday, and then Monday and now we are told that tonight (Monday night) and Tuesday--definitely...likely...probably...snow.

I wouldn't mind a little of the white stuff...we didn't see a single flake last Winter. I've been outside to unhook all the hoses, have raked fallen leaves onto all the garden beds, cleared away the slippery leaves on the deck and paths and just generally snuggled things in as anticipatory snow storm activities. I'm ready!

Not to mention, Lucy and Jacob came over yesterday afternoon to help me pull down all the Christmas decoration boxes from the loft in the garage. Teri headed out for some shopping with a friend of ours and I figured I could use a little help. They then helped me "floof" out the fake outdoor greenery garland and do some initial outdoor decorating. It was cold! We were watching for snowflakes yesterday and still, rain--cold, blustery, constant rain...

A little of the white stuff would be festive, wintery, and just a bit on the interesting side. I know it is a holiday week and people are traveling and I "get" that cold weather makes it tougher on homeless and vulnerable people--but it is also gorgeous and festive and seasonal in a wintery way. Is it too much to ask for a little follow-through? Just a couple inches dusting of the sugary white snow?

No comments: