Friday, February 1, 2008

Sick...


Any one who knows me knows that I make a horrible patient. I have no patience for it (no pun intended) and try not to slow down more than is obligatory in order to get well. This week has caught me a bit green behind the gills with a cold, congestion, and a very annoying ear infection. I've been forced to take a couple days to convalesce--which does NOT mean no work at all, it just means cutting back and trying to get the minimum done. Meanwhile, my kids seem to have even less appreciation for my lack of oomph and I'm starting to feel that all sorts of things are sliding--from picking up the mail to getting the dishes washed to filling the cupboards with a trip to the grocery store. Therefore, I am determined to get things back on track this weekend without putting myself out for another week! The good thing is that I have been catching up on my reading a bit (ha ha ha ha)--and am enjoying reading a biography of Iggy Pop--"Open Up and Bleed"--great reading for a sick forty-one year old woman, eh?

No comments: