Friday, February 8, 2008

My Birthday...



My forty-first birthday has come and gone and I don't know if a woman "my age" has ever had a better one! It really was a fine, grand day including a scrumptious home-made coconut cream pie baked by my coworker and friend Cathy at Midwifery Today, a beautiful vase of tulips, a cake that my son baked and frosted (his first ever foray into the world of baking), a new tattoo designed and done by Kathy at Tattoo by Design (my daughter Lilly came along), and a late night feast of Chinese food and birthday cake and ice cream with my kids (Lucy came over from across town and waited the long hours while I was getting my tattoo done)--my son even did the dishes so I wouldn't get my new tattoo wet! Not to mention we were all able to eat on our brand-new dining room table that I purchased last week, but was delivered yesterday. Oh, of course I can't forget the very fun card and flask Cheryl gave me or the fine "labor day" chat, card and gift I received from my mother (and dad). Nor the promised Broadway show from/with my sister while I am there visiting her in NYC in April. It really was a great deal of celebration and I hope I will be able to continue to say how fabulous my forties are--so far, it is hands down the best decade yet!

1 comment:

Yaz and Rob said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!Love the tatoo and you. So great to see the fabulous day, the beginning of a fabulous year.