Sunday, February 3, 2008

Trying to Get Back in the Swing


After being sick and "out of it" for over a week, I have been trying to get back in the swing of things. It can be rough--I feel like I am behind on everything. Since I tend to work all the time, or at least feel like I should be doing some sort of work all the time--it doesn't take long before I feel like I'm running behind and need to play catch-up!

I have much enjoyed seeing so much of all three of my kids lately. They have been coming and going from my house more and have been hanging out with each other. The latter was one of my early primary parenting goals--that my kids would be bonded and connected to one another and I can see now--after nearly twenty years, that they are. Still, they don't always make the choices I would (or the make the choices I would have at sixteen, seventeen, or eighteen and NOT the choices I want them to make now that I am forty-one) and not a one of them ever seems the slightest bit interested in taking the easy path to anything. I definitely cannot sit back on my laurels yet as a mom.

So, I am determined to get some writing work done, actually get to the mailbox to bring in the mail, maybe make a pot of coffee, and try not to end up on the couch under a quilt with a book watching LOGO television. That is my goal for this fine February Sunday...

No comments: