Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day


I have to admit that Valentine's Day has never been my favorite of the Post-Capitalist holidays. Perhaps it stems from the fact that I had the chicken pox in the first grade and missed the Valentine's Day party on the heals of my seventh birthday? Or perhaps it is due to the fact that I really haven't had the greatest experiences in the romance department and Valentine's Day has a tendency to remind me of that. Regardless, since becoming a mom, I have made it a day to do little things for my kids anyway--a little candy, home-made cards, cookies. I tend to play it pretty low key and am generally relieved when it is over.

Meanwhile, we are having some sneak-peaks at spring with some sunny weather and I am starting to get buried in work as a conference approaches. This is when it gets really hard to keep up with all my work--both the conference coordinator tasks and keep up with all the writing work. It is really the equivilent of two full-time jobs and I get a little stretched and crabby. Even though I know I can't do it all, I know my income will suffer if I don't, so I try. Besides, there will soon be two girls to put through college...

No comments: