Monday, July 21, 2008

Playfulness...



Summer has always been synonymous with many things to me: baseball, reunions, swimming...I have realized recently that one of the real reasons that I am so fond of summer is that it brings out the truly playful side in my personality. I long to do silly, easy, expensive and leisurely things during these warm and gorgeous days of summer. While I never really mind working, I yearn to do as little as possible so that there is plenty of time to play and romp.

Sitting nose to beak with a beautiful peacock, getting a chuckle out of a little frivolous Americana, lounging by the pool with a good friend on a Monday, planning a trip, talking to strangers, watching movies...there is always time for work (and I generally do plenty of it) but spending some of these long days of summer being playful seems to make a great deal more sense...

No comments: