Thursday, July 3, 2008

SUMMER!


My favorite season has settled in for the long-haul--summer. It already seems over-stuffed and full of all sorts of summery activities: baseball games, picnics, swims, festivals, visits, dinners al fresco, etc. I LOVE IT and try not to think about the fact that it is short-lived. Of course there are daily details to tend to and all three of my kids are taking classes this summer, but it still definitely feels like summer.

This summer I just cannot help but count all the blessings--three amazing, healthy kids, the fact that we are weathering all the changes and growing up challenges, my jobs, business and work, fantastic friends and loving family; not to mention all of the comfort and abundance that surrounds me. Whether it is sipping sparkling wine with a friend, or eating mammoth amounts of Mexican food with Lucy and Meli or making Lilly yet another of her current favorite grilled cheese sandwiches, I look around at all the flowers, cushions, food and people and feel like the most fortunate woman in the world.

Life can be so bumpy that I think it is grand to truly slow down and appreciate the glorious abundance and playfulness of summer...

(Thanks to Meli Ewing for the photo!)

No comments: