Thursday, October 22, 2009

Heading into Fall and the Adventuresome Move and Launching

A recent trip to the blustery Oregon coast reminded me that there is no going back to those warm, easy days of summer! In fact, the blustery, breezy and cool drama of this October weather seems well-suited to the changes in my life on a larger scale.

I am currently putting furniture and boxes in storage, and sending the two remaining kids at home off to grander living adventures, as well as looking for new homes for my three cats. Everything is changing and I am in the midst of transition in a big way. I don't know where I will land or if the landing is even part of the adventure!

Stuff in storage, a new Post Office box for a mailing address, a cellular phone and I am probably the most "un-rooted" I have ever been. With no "classic" job to tie me to a specific location, I have possibilities and while I am incredibly unsettled, it feels absolutely great (a little nerve-wracking, but great.) Life has a tendency of pushing and pulling us toward our destiny, no matter how determined we may be to try to make our existence fit into a societally-sanctioned box.

It has been so amazingly cool seeing who has stepped forward to help with boxes or moving or taking stuff off my hands or just providing moral support. It has also been an incredible process for me getting comfortable asking for help and figuring out where that help is likely to come from.

One phase of my life is definitely ending--my children are raised and my days of being the hard-working single mother are over. It feels like while this new phase is still being revealed to me, and my kids' lives are definitely on the launching pad, we are all in for the excitement of the adventuresome unveiling. I am so into it...

No comments: