Monday, January 4, 2010

2010...


Well, here I am on the first Monday of the new year. Grey skies, quiet house, a list of little housekeeping tasks to take care of and I cannot help but feel as though I am waiting for a sign of what the upcoming stretch of twelve months might bring.

I count my blessings, hope for the best, try to face challenges and lessons head on, and still, there is no way NOT to be affected by the time and place in which I live. There is uncertainty in the air--a clenching and fears of loss and deprivation that I feel from almost everyone I come in contact with. I try to access feelings of peace and strength and find that it is harder in times of uncertainty. Sometimes, a person just has to ride things out and lay a little bit low.

Meanwhile, I try to bring myself back to thinking good, warm thoughts for everyone. I breathe into the difficulties and personality conflicts; try to acknowledge the fear that lies behind some of the challenges and hope that there will be more abundance, love and peace in 2010...

No comments: