Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Birthdays...

We have birthdays upcoming--both Tiger and myself. It is actually kind of fun to know that our birthdays are so close together and I think we actually have some fun with the fact that we are both Aquarius babes--even if we tend to manifest the sign in different ways. Teri, of course, being a twin is quite used to sharing her birthday. I, being an ego-maniac at times, am not. I don't think she is the type to make quite the same level of birthday fuss that I make so perhaps she isn't exactly thrilled that I have sucked her into my birthday frenzy...

Forty-three...it just sounds like a number really as I don't particularly feel much different than I did last year or ten years ago. Really the only difference I can notice other than the physical obviousness of aging (which is really a grand adventure for me to watch and experience how things shift and change) is that I feel more comfortably and more solidly myself. I just feel fine in my own skin and that just seems to get better and better with age.

So, bring on the cake and ice cream! Bring on the celebrations! I am looking forward to singing "Happy Birthday" to Tiger for the second time (her last birthday I had only known her for a week and I instigated a rousing group singing of "Happy Birthday" to her at her second-only Saturday morning lesbian coffee. This year, however, she may get the rendition in full operatic force --Yay!

We winter birthdays...close on the tail end of the Christmas holidays and squozen in so close to Valentine's Day--tend to get lost in the snow and storms. I am determined to play a little, celebrate a little, and enjoy the first of what I intend to be MANY shared birthdays with the Tiger...

No comments: