Thursday, September 18, 2008

Embracing Autumn...

It seems to creep up on us and suddenly Summer is over. The weather has suddenly turned cool (much to Stuart's glee) and we are starting to talk about things like Halloween and Thanksgiving. I am preparing for a trip to Germany in mid-August and wondering how that will affect all of our typical fall plans. I should get back just in time for Halloween, as long as there are no unforseen travel upheavals.

Meanwhile, Lucy starts college and we are all saying good bye to another season. I found this fabulous picture of the kids when they were little, draped over a picnic table I built from a kit in our backyard in Indiana and it seemed the perfect reminder of autumns past--many pumpkins have met their jack-o-lantern end in the autumns that have slipped passed since this photo was taken. I am quite certain that Lucy must have been about 4, which makes Lilly 3 and Stuart (in the Barney hat) 2. I still intend to make a bit of a fuss over the first official fall holiday--and then we'll have election day, Thanksgiving...

No comments: