Sunday, September 28, 2008

Feeling Good...


After a rock and roll summer and over a month of feeling under the weather, I have made some major changes to my diet and activity level. After a month of an increasingly boisterous exercise regime, I find that I look forward all day to my work-outs. Of course, as an easily bored air sign, I do different activities every day and I like it that way, but I'm loving it and feeling good. The food and diet part doesn't get me nearly as excited as the movement, but I'm feeling good about what I'm eating (and not eating too.)

The kids have been great and have been both encouraging and good sports about the changes. I feel so lucky that they are old enough to like brown rice more than white and to be quite content trying healthy recipes without complaining. Of course, they are also old enough to go out and get their own junk food when they crave it.

I have already done one great purge of my closet and while I have only slipped down one size so far, that all seems incidental--it is really about the health, the energy and feeling better than I have felt in a long time...

No comments: