Tuesday, March 30, 2010

April Showers...


Supposedly the saying is that March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb but as we face the last couple days of March, it actually feels more like January! Rain, wind and snow in the mountains all remind us that it isn't exactly the mellow warm season yet.

Still, I have been riding my bike to work (as has Tiger) and despite the wet bluster, I am actually starting to ENJOY it! I like knowing that I am getting some activity and exercise without having to do much planning around it and it couldn't be easier for me to get to work by bike. It takes some bundling and willingness to be uncomfortable, but I'm learning how to deal with that a little better too.

The other evening, Tiger and I went for a nice walk though the neighborhood--something we hadn't done in a while. Despite the fact that both of us bike up and down Park Street almost daily, we hadn't really been off into the other parts of the neighborhood since everyone's Christmas lights were still up. It was fun seeing all the blooming flowers and smelling the fresh-cut grass (granted, this was on Saturday evening--the one warm sunny day we have seen in the past several and folks had been out getting whatever yard work they could accomplished during the day.) We are still getting a feel for our new neighborhood and we mused that we were in the midst of our second season in the house on Willow Avenue.

So, even if March is NOT going out like a lamb, maybe the upcoming April showers WILL bring May flowers...

No comments: