Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pleasures, Happiness and Celebrations...

Give me books, fruit, French wine and fine weather and a little music out of doors, played by someone I do not know. I admire lolling on a lawn by a water-lilied pond to eat white currants and see goldfish: and go to the fair in the evening if I'm good. There is not hope for that --one is sure to get into some mess before evening.

John Keats

My birthday has come and gone and I feel such appreciation for all the people who got involved and helped to celebrate. I am quite fond of mixing together people from different parts of my life and sitting back and enjoying the interactions. Can a person really have too much visiting, pleasure, and happiness? Can there really be too many celebrations? I think not!

42 feels fabulous; but it is just a number--just a little way of commemorating the passing of time. Life has been on a steady expansion lately; steady changes and I'm fine with that. I'm not always sure what I'm doing or which direction I'm facing, but I'm okay with that too. It all feels like various ways of celebrating life and that feels perfect!

To me, February is all about pleasure--birthday, Valentine's Day, getting geared up for Spring and watching for the first signs of warmer days. Of course, as I write this, it is quite cold outside and we've even had a few snow flurries this morning! It's nice to feel open, vulnerable and focused on love and happiness. I cannot help but feel gratitude for all the wonderful people that have been moving in and around my life lately. What a treat!

(Thanks to Meli Ewing for the photos from my Radical Red Birthday Bash!)

No comments: