Sunday, February 8, 2009

So...This is 42...


While I am still celebrating my birthday with a party planned for this afternoon, the "day" has officially come and gone and now, I am officially 42. What a trip, I have to say! It is strange to confess that I have never felt better, nor have I been operating with so few expectations. As yesterday unfolded, I was in such a state of being present, such a state of appreciation that it seemed no matter what happened, it would have been perfect! Who knew?

Life is amazing--all of it--and with each year that passes, I feel more and more appreciation for this brief and wondrous ride that is living. The constant changes, the constant surprises and the constant love are impossible to ignore. I have absolutely no idea what the next twelve months will bring (or the next twelve minutes or twelve hours, for that matter)--and that's just the way I like it!

But, thanks are definitely in order to all those people who wished me well, sang lovely renditions of birthday songs, sent me cards and flowers (so many beautiful flowers this year!) and have opened themselves to sharing my turning another year older--the fun for me is in all the sharing!

No comments: