Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Balance Anyone?



Ah, I seem to be always attempting to balance things out--either I am overwhelmingly social and I need a little down time--or I have sequestered myself from the outside world and I could really use a good chat. Of course, this roller-coaster does not really play itself out on a daily basis, it is more that my life moves in cycles and every so often I get to experience what feels temporarily like balance.

I am currently feeling good about the ratios in my world--just enough work, family, group activities, and one-on-one's. What I am trying to work on a little more is my down time just for myself. I am such a classical "Type B" personality that if I don't have a little down time, slow town or time to myself every day, I get pretty darn stressed. Even if it just hanging out with a book for an hour before bed or playing with my Tarot cards--I need to be away from voices, phones and hustle-bustle for a little bit to keep my sanity and ability to function. This does not mean that life is a breeze (quite the contrary since I am looking for work and there are a ton of fabulous activities to choose from) but it does mean that I don't feel like I am putting all my eggs in one basket.

So, whether it is a grand group of gals chatting over coffee, a fun visit with a good friend, and afternoon spent working on writing, or even an hour with a fun book by the pool--it is all about trying to maintain some semblance of balance right now...

No comments: