Thursday, June 18, 2009

Organization Squared


I am finally determined to get organized--down to the bones! Today Meli has helped create a master Google calendar where I can enter all my info and have access from any where. It will send me e-mail alerts and I can share it with other folks too. I'm just getting started and there is a bit of inputting to be done--but that is part of getting organized!

Last night, I felt inspired to sort through my cupboards and pull out dishes, cups, glassware, etc. that I no longer need. This weekend, I plan to do more of that purging and sorting to try to create even more basic organizational structure. I have let things slide--probably since the very exhausting and emotional year a couple years ago (2007 was a rugged year for me) and I finally realized that the lack of organization was wearing me down!

Hiring Meli to help has been very inspiring. While in my fantasy, I think I wanted her to do it all for me--in reality, there is plenty that I need to do too. Having her on board to "talk organization and efficiency" with is forcing me to clean up my act all around. I'm excited, a little nervous, completely overwhelmed--but determined that this time the organizational structures and systems will be workable and adequate to fit my world!

No comments: