Monday, January 5, 2009

Ah, Now the "Balance" Problem...

Well 2009 is off to a busy start and I can see that the "shadow" of my focus on the Triple A's: Activism, Activity and Appreciation is going to be a challenge. For me, so far, the big challenge is already "balance." The first weekend of the New Year found me with multiple activities and opportunities on each day and by Sunday I was feeling a bit run down! I can see that I am going to need to figure out some pacing to go along with this upswing of activism and activity.

I am incredibly lucky in that I have the potential for a very balanced life--I am fortunate to have my kids and a strong desire for family interaction, as well as satisfying work, and skills and talents I can offer up to the community at large. Not to mention, some of the most amazing friends in the world. Still, there is always more and I have recently been meeting a great many new people and opening up to new challenges and activities--all in the name of the Triple A's. BUT, the trick here is not to get worn out or to let things get out of balance!!

I continue to work out and exercise and with the changes to my diet, the pounds continue to slip away (never as quickly or as dramatically as I would like but again, I just can't complain.) I know that the movement piece is a strong priority because my health is benefiting so much. So far, I'm hoping to use the exercise to decompress from the other stuff!

Perspective is the perpetual challenge--keeping one area of my life from running amok and maintaining a bit of equilibrium about where I put my energies and efforts. We'll just have to see if I can still focus on the energy of the Triple A's and keep all the other areas of my life in balance too!

No comments: