Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I did not party away the night last night--it just wasn't that sort of a year. Instead, I took advantage of a quiet house all to myself and put away all the Christmas decorations and gave the house a good cleaning. I take great satisfaction in putting everything carefully away in boxes and storing it away for another year. Now, the house feels fresh, spacious and completely ready to welcome a new year.

I've also had a wee case of the sniffles so have not been feeling as fabulously as desired. I did manage to experience a good workout early this morning, however, which was exactly how I wanted to "commemorate" the starting of a new year. The year seems to be off to a great start in the direction of my "theme" as there are activities and events stacked up for the next couple days. We'll see if it keeps up and if I can keep up with such an ambitious social and involvement schedule!

Time marches on but it is so lovely to experience briefly, at the start of a new year, that feeling that we have been given a boost of time--a whole year spread out before us with possibility, no mistakes, and untold adventures. I have read that there is a great deal of pessimism for many people facing 2009. As usual, I am not in step with the masses as I feel a sense of warm anticipation that I haven't felt in many years. Here's to health and happiness in the coming year!

No comments: