Monday, January 19, 2009

Strange Energy...

Things have been moving in amazing directions lately and while I wrote about some of that busy-ness the other day, there are other joys and challenges to contend with. I am trying to say "yes" to invitations, answer every e-mail and be present at meetings, gatherings and conversations in mind and spirit as well as body. It all sounds very simple--to be engaged and to facilitate connection. In reality, however, it can be a bit tiring and somewhat perplexing. Why do those connections seem to be happening at the speed of light?!

I currently think that the greatest gifts a gal can have during times of strange energy and "growth in the public sphere" is a few long-time solid friends who can help keep her feet on the ground. I need those soul mates to be encouraging, yes, but to also keep me from taking anything that is going on too seriously. Everything is temporary, everything changes and who is to say my social calendar won't empty itself just as quickly as it has filled up?! Everything needs to be appreciated as a gift and not as a given and I need those trusted few to help keep things in perspective.

My life has been changing at rapid-speed--from the weight loss, to two kids in college who are making grown-up life plans, to work changes and volunteer projects and myriad other connections and invitations to participate. I have been meeting so many new and amazing people in the past couple years. While I definitely do not want to resist and I've learned that the joy is in accepting and going with the flow, I also need to try to keep at least one foot on the ground. There is a strange energy adrift--pleasant, intoxicating and inspiring--but strange. nonetheless. And I know that a great deal is being asked of me!

No comments: