Friday, January 16, 2009

So Busy...

Life has been busy--delightfully busy, but pretty jam-packed nonetheless. Both Lucy and Lilly are getting into winter term at their respective colleges and with work, volunteer obligations, social stuff, household duties and all those ordinary life elements--it's been busy! The fun thing is that I am in a really good "space" now both mentally and physically and I am enjoying it. I feel as though I have things under control (I know--BIG mistake and probably a precursor to a great, messy crisis) and that I am generally making choices about what I want to do. Still--it's busy!

I still haven't written my Xmas thank you notes and follow-up letters (so if you are waiting for one, I promise I WILL get to it!) but I have managed to get HALF of my taxes done. I did finally get to the grocery store yesterday and I'd been unable to get that accomplished for a week or so. I'm holding it together and not really stressing about it--but that could all change any day.

There are a lot of shoulds--I should be doing more writing work, I should get a hair cut, I should go shopping for new shoes--but there are also fabulously full days and many things that ARE getting checked off my lists. After all, a gal can only do so much!

Like most people, there are times in my life when it is all I can do to get out of bed and make it to work--I don't want to be busy or have outside pressures or expectations. There are other times, however, when the more I have to do, the more energized I feel. Of course, there is a difference between being busy and being manic so as long as I'm still getting enough sleep, finding time to exercise almost every day and taking time out for visits and lounging--it seems like the perfect combination! Besides, there is also a difference between self-induced busy-ness and the kind that comes from outside expectation.

No comments: