Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Dream World...

At the risk of sounding rather Jungian, we are a family that puts a lot of stock and interest in dreams. Rarely a day goes by that one of is NOT sharing the strange images or intriguing stories that unfold in our dreams. Lilly, particularly, rivals her mom in trying to figure out what sort of personal work is being done while she tries to sleep. That girl can have some pretty amazing and detailed, dramatic dreams!

Lately, my dreams have been especially vivid and memorable--lots of water and storms and blood and travel. I'm not sure what to make of it--some are stressful, while others are busy (those are the most exhausting dreams as far as I'm concerned--the busy ones where I just have tedious task after task to take care of--just like real life!) I'm wondering what the message or messages are and I cannot help but wish I was a little more savvy in the dream interpretation department so that I could figure out what I'm supposed to be focusing on! My two bedside dream image books are really getting a workout.

Meanwhile, with all the busy-ness of life and the strange public energy, it has not just been one challenge after another. In fact, there are some great emotional gifts that come with connections and the expansion of pushing myself to share more and be more present for those around me. A sweet friend sent me an e-mail the other day and ended it with "Happy Balancing!" which I SO appreciated--it was a little phrase of encouragement that can apply to so many elements. Maybe that's what all those wet and windy travel dreams are about?

No comments: