Sunday, January 25, 2009

Holding On...

I wrote the other day about the joys and challenges of being "busy" and after a rather busy weekend where things are still going un-done, I'm feeling more of the "challenges" than the joys. I'm wearing down a bit and while I understand that self-care is key, I am also feeling that the weariness is most likely temporary--I will get into the swing of things and adjust to the new pace. A good friend asked me the other day if I needed a personal secretary and I confess that for the brief few seconds when I thought about what she was saying, it seemed an incredibly savory thought. It's fine--I know that I just need to figure out a system that works and get the balance better and watch out for taking on more than I can handle. For now, however, I definitely feel as though I am holding on and trying to feel and structure my way while trying to remain available and accessible.

Meanwhile, yes, a personal secretary WOULD be nice--or just someone who could make dinner or do the grocery shopping once in a while, or a healthier income to ease the stresses of constant work and organizing. I know that my life is calling on me to be sharp and creative right now, not to mention responsible and efficient--so until the resources get going full force, I just need to hold on and stay engaged and try to do what I'm being called upon to do.

I'll get it, I'm feeling very blessed and open to the challenge--but I have to figure out the "how" of it first!

No comments: